Over the years, Oberg has been the recipient of many awards. We’re proud to be recognized in every area that makes a company complete, including employment, training, manufacturing innovations and community involvement.
Oberg has proudly received some of the following notable awards:
- 1985 AM Award from American Machinist: for founder Don Oberg’s contributions in revolutionizing modern manufacturing.
- 2020 Pledge To America’s Workers Award: Presented by the White House in recognition of Oberg’s long-established Apprentice Program in support of the National objective of training and retraining the workers needed across high-demand industries.
- Metalforming Pioneer Award: Repeatedly recognized for innovation in Oberg’s unique apprenticeship training and workforce development programs.
- Seven Seals Award: For demonstrating outstanding support, commitment and and extreme patriotism to the United States military and veterans.
- Butler County Employer of The Year: From Tri-County Workforce Investment Board for significant contributions to building a local, skilled workforce by implementing innovative training programs and initiatives.
- JA Impact Company of The Year: Recognized by Junior Achievement among organizations from western Pennsylvania who have made, or are positioned to make outstanding contributions to the business, social and cultural assets of the area.
- ARM Awarded Pre-Apprenticeship Program: Advanced Robotics in Manufacturing awarded funding for Oberg’s development of a specialized curriculum, through its partnership with local high schools, that engages students to learn STEM-based applications and explore career opportunities using robotics and technology in advanced manufacturing.
- Hitachi Foundation: Awarded to companies that discover, demonstrate and expand business practices that both measurably improve economic opportunities for low-wealth individuals in the U.S. and enhance long-term business value.
- Smart 50 Company: Among 50 companies in Pittsburgh recognized in 2018 for strengthening the region and contributing to its economic success through innovation, impact and sustainability.